Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lots To Learn

Making changes in your life comes with a lot of opportunities to learn.  And the numbers and variety of things that you learn is amazing sometimes.  I was beginning to feel at one point that I was having to learn so many things in such a short period of time that my head was going to explode.  But I am happy to say that it didn't and now the learning has slowed up a bit and is coming at me in a much more manageable pace.  Oh, I am still learning a lot and am doing it constantly, but it is no longer feeling like I may drown in the effort to keep up with it all.

So what am I having to learn.  Well the biggest thing is not to worry and to believe in myself and what the future can hold.  I am infamous for saying the most negative thing that I can about my situation and, well to be quite honest, that has gotten me nowhere.  I have always fancied myself to be one who can tell you what he future has to hold.  Well that is not true.  I don't know what is going to happen in five minutes, the next hour, tomorrow or next week.  And I know this because I have been very surprised by some of the events that have occurred in my life when I was least expecting them, such as meeting the love of my life.  If you had told me that day what was going to happen in it, I would have called you crazy.  But I tell you what, it did happen and I am so grateful that I was open to the experience.


I have also been learning many other more practical lessons lately, like how to set up a web site and business.  How to make something beautiful, like a piece of jewelry and how to care for animals in need, I went to school to become a veterinary assistant last year.  I really feel like my brain has probably doubled in size and am glad that my actual head hasn't, that might look funny.  I am still learning in many of these areas and an having a great time doing it.  Fortunately, most of the learning I am going through right now doesn't include any tests or term papers, my least favorite parts of school.  So I say bring it on world, teach me all you have and all you want.  I want to know it.  And I just hope you can teach me not to be afraid of not knowing something and how to do it anyway and I will learn in the process of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment