Thursday, April 28, 2011

How much is too much? And how much is not enough?


Tell me if this sound familiar to you.  Have you ever noticed that when you are making things, like jewelry, you are conservative in using beads and crystals and just the stuff in general needed to make whatever it is that you are making.  Maybe it’s just me, but I am always afraid to use my stuff because what if I want to use it later for something else.  Maybe I’m just crazy, but this seems to be a battle I have every time I sit down to make jewelry, or bake cookies, or make any sort of thing.  Let me just say, I have to have an ample supply of whatever it is I need to create to feel like I can create, so I always seem to have extra of most things on hand and then I am afraid to use it because I might want to use it later.  This does lead to storage and space issues which I am always battling.  So I have come up with a new resolution.  I HAVE TO USE WHAT I HAVE.  I understand, intellectually anyway, that there is more out there to be gotten and that because I run out of something doesn't mean that I can't get it again.  I guess I just don't seem to craft and create from a very intellectual place.  While in some ways this is probably good since creation is an emotional process, that emotionality might be better served tempered with some intellectuality.  Thus my new rule.  We will see how this goes.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment